Today I am going to share with you this easy tutorial on how to make Easter eggs out of embroidery floss.
- Round balloons
- Assorted Colors of Embroidery Floss
- Glue or Mod Podge
- Bowl or Container
- Blow your balloon up to about 1 1/2" or 2" and tie the end.
- Dip your embroidery floss into the glue or modge podge and wrap around the balloon until you get the desired look you want. (I like mine not too close so they have a lacy look)
- Once covered hang up to dry (use a christmas ball hook or unfold a paper clip for a hanger) or set them in an empty styrofoam egg carton.
- Let dry overnight. I ruined a few by not being patient and letting them dry completely!
- Once completely dry pop the balloon and remove.
These look so pretty displayed in a basket or in a dish.
I will probably take a few and add some glitter and a ribbon and a few small silk flowers to hang them on an Easter tree. If I get them finished I will post more pictures.
Thank you for looking and I hope you enjoyed these.